Monday, September 08, 2008

Sew . . . on a Tag

This week's "Tag You're It" challenge was to use sewing on a tag. I abhor sewing on cardstock, so my tag actually features faux stitching! I used a push pin and a ruler to make holes around the edge of the cardstock, and then connected the holes with a gel pen. This makes believeable stitching, especially in real life. My photography makes it look like a solid line in spots:



The image (Inkadinkado) is stamped on the green background, and again on the printed paper. The dress on the printed paper is cut out and glued over the top of the image stamped on the green. I cut out the corners freehand -- I'm awaiting delivery of a Stampin'Up punch like this. Anyway, I like the effect, even if the cutting is less than perfect.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Wow..I have to say it looks so much like real stitching!! Great effect! Lovely sentiment and a pretty dress and ribbon too! Thanks so much for playing along with this theme :)

Anne said...

OMG it looks so real!!! I never would have known if you hadn't said!! Your tag is wonderful and I love the photo on your sidebar!! Thank You so much for playing along!! ;o) xx

LME said...

Very unusual :)