Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peachy Ballerina

This week's challenge at "Tag You're It" is monochromatic. I dug through my paper stash and found some lightly checked Lasting Memories, and, miracle of miracles, Vivid Tea Rose ink, which matches the color of this paper. (It's a miracle it's not dried up!) The stamp is from Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers. I cut the oval and the scallop with Nestabilities dies. I also blinged-up (it is TOO a word!)the ballerina's tutu with a clear Copic Spica glitter pen. Trust me on this -- these pens are too subtle to photograph, but if you turn the tag JUST SO, the spangles appear. She is ready to go on stage:



I finished with some tulle I had, in keeping with the tutu idea. It was white, so I laboriously colored it with Copic markers to turn it peachy. It reads a little peachier than the carstock on the photo, but in real life it is a perfect match. TRUST ME.

4 comments:

Anne said...

You're so right - blinged-up is definitely a word!! LOL!! I love this and I love your stamp!! I never realised what nestabilities are like - you know I've never seen them!!! Gorgeous ballerina, gorgeous tag, and Thank You for playing along! :o) xx

Kath Stewart said...

goreous tag and love that stamp and the colour is fabulous
Love
kath
xxxxx

RubyMay said...

I love your blinged up ballerina...nice work !

Sam said...

Very pretty tag, love the subtle colouring and scalloped edge! Thanks so much for playing along with this theme :)