Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Romance and Robert Burns

This weekend's tag challenge at "Tag, You're It" was romance. I just got a new stamp set from Stampin' Up called "5th Ave. Floral" with a lovely rose stamp. From there, the leap to Robert Burns was easy.

Here's the first try. I colored the rose with watercolor markers and a blending pen. The reddest pen is rendered rather more pink. The first stanza of the familiar poem is printed from my computer. The rose is covered with clear Copic Spica; as I always say, the sparkle is never picked up by a scan.

The next one used the same elements, just assembled in a different order.


I couldn't finish without producing at least ONE "red, red rose," so stamped on solid red and assembled with a tiny bit of ribbon:

5 comments:

melody said...

such an elegant tag ~ lovin that rose and coloring ~ and what a beautiful sediment

RubyMay said...

Gorgeous work...and I am loving the rose stamping x

Dawn said...

Lovely tags - that's a gorgeous rose stamp!
Thanks for joining us this week!

Dawn

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous tags Ann and of course beautiful sentiment from the bard himself...rabbie burns...thanks for joining in the fun at TYI this week
Hugs Kath xxxx

AngelaC said...

Beautiful tags - and a great idea!