Saturday, August 16, 2008

Christmas Tag

I made this tag for the challenge on the "Tag, You're It" blog. I found this blog on a mention from another blogger.

This week's challenge was to make a tag for Christmas. I used one of my favorite angel stamps to make this tag:



The stamp is from Stampington. I watercolored her with Adirondack ink, and a touch of Twinkling H20s. All the papers are Club Scrap. I ran the cream piece through a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and then sprayed it with gold Radiant Rain. You can't really see the glitz on the photo.

In my first iteration, I used a Distress ink pad in Antique Linen on the embossed piece. In real life, there is a little too much contrast, and the background fights with the angel in the foreground. This angel has more Twinking H2O paint, her wings are an attempt at a copper patina:



This was a fun challenge. You can find the challenge site at http://weekendtaggers.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Beauiful tag - love the stamp!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Christmas tag!

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful tag and love that angel image
kath
xxxx

Anne said...

Hi Ann and Welcome!! So lovely to see you and your tag is absolutely divine!! I've never heard of Radiant Rain but it looks absolutely gorgeous ~ I can see it on the first photo, 'specially! Fabulous! Your colouring is superb, really vibrant! Thank You so much for playing along with this theme! ;o) xx

Sam said...

And a BIG welcome from me too! The Radiant Rain looks fabulously glitzy, both these tags are SO beautiful! Thanks for finding us and taking part in this challenge, new theme every Friday ;)

Ann said...

Thanks to all for your kind comments.