Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tree Tag

The Weekend Tagger challenge this week was to use a Christmas tree on a tag. Here, I used a Club Scrap collage stamp. I dabbed on Distress Inks -- tea dye, peeled paint and broken china -- and stamped on hot press watercolor paper. To finish, I gilded the edges with gold leaf pen, and then added three crystals on the left side in the big snowflake, the star, and on the bottom of the tag.

A simple gold bow finishes the tag.

Thanks for the challenge, ladies. I've had this stamp for a couple years, and this is the first time I've used it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I glad you used that stamp as it's wonderful! I love the background as well. Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week.

Dawn said...

That is a fantastic stamp - love the colours you have used too!
Thanks for joining us this week and good luck in the prize draw!

Dawn

Carol Plume said...

what a gorgeous tag - so love the colours - its got a real vintage feel to it - FAB! Thank you for joining us on Tag you're it....